dzikrullah

Saturday, March 10, 2007

saturday-- pre-flight

I'm flying to Taiwan tonight, insya Allah. Yes, alhamdulillah, insya Allah i'm attending the Asia-Pacific Medical Students Symposium (APMSS) in Taipei from 12-16 March. Have prepared my presentation, practiced in front of my supervisor and a research assistant, had a feedback; Insya Allah I'm ready. Bismillah...

Alhamdulillah Allah reminded me to be cautious about the food. I thought I would be safe if I stick to vegetarian food. But, we actually dont know how they prepare it, right? Yesterday a friend of mine, who is a vegetarian, talked about her experience visiting China. She found it hard to find pure vegetarian food. Most of them contain meat or cooked in pig fat! Whow... This is a red light for me. Having heard that, I think I'd better be careful and very particular about food in Taipei. I made a mental note: need to make sure they dont contain any animal ingredients before eating vegetarian food.

But still, I dont feel 100% comfortable with it. So here I am, doing a last minute search on halal food in Taipei. I visited 'Islamic Finder' website, directed myself to 'Taipei' page, and looked out for islamic organisation or businesses. Here what I found: 8 Halal Resto in taipei, 1 mini market, 1 Indonesian Muslim organisation. Further, I found a mosque: Taipei Grand Mosque!! Alhamdulillah, I quickly copied their address and phone number. Hopefully some of them are close to the Hotel where I'll be staying.

Ok, now that's settled. I just need to do one more thing: get a Taipei map. I googled it and.... found one!! Alhamdulillah.. It's city centre Taipei city map. ok, bismillah, O Allah, May the halal resto list and this little section of Taipei map would be helpful for me there.

Ya Allah, You are the Provider, the Sustainer and the best Planner. I submit and surrender myself to You....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home